We will very shortly be starting a range of 2018/2019 winter projects on the golf course. Our goal is to carry out some bunker renovation work to continue improving the site, which includes work on holes 5th, 8th, 13th, 10th, 1st, plus the practice chipping area bunkers.
Prior to starting this work, we will be marking some bunkers as GUR while we transport material to them as part of the first process. This is a very time-consuming process so apologies in advance for any inconvenience.
An impression of the planned bunker works can be seen below. We are aiming for these works will be completed in time for the 2019 golfing season.
A predicted timeframe for the works will be:
- 5th Greenside:- 29th October – 16th November
- 8th Greenside:- 19th November – 7th December
- 13th Reduce fairway bunker right hand side:- 10th December – 4th January
- 10th Fairway bunker left hand side:- 7th January – 18th January
- 10th Fairway bunker right hand side:- 21st January – 8th February
- 1st Reduce fairway bunker:- 11th February – 1st March
- Chipping Green left hand side:– 4th March – 15th March
Additional winter work will be the continuation of:
- Aeration programme
- Woodland management
- Environmental projects
- Overall Bunker Improvements
- Drainage projects on 5 & 7/ Ditch Clearing
As with all construction project work, these are subject to weather conditions and we will communicate progress regularly throughout the process.
We endeavour to keep disruption to a minimum and have all 18 holes in play whenever possible. However, there may be times due to safety that we have temporary greens in play.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.