You are hereby given notice that the 24th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of Windlesham Golf Club will be held on Monday 1st October 2018 at 7pm in the Club House
A G E N D A
- Apologies for absence
- Approval of the Minutes of the 23rd AGM held on 25th September 2017 (click here to view the Minutes)
- Matters arising from the previous AGM
- Club Captain’s report
- Members’ Section Accounts for the year ended 31st August 2018
Special Resolution 1
Special Resolution 2
Special Resolution 3
- To elect the Honorary Independent Examiner (see notes below).
- Management Report by Windlesham Golf Management Ltd to include Course Update and Accounts of Windlesham Golf Club for the year ended 30th June 2018
- Election of a WGC Trustee
- Election of the Club Captain for the year 2018–19 (see notes below)
- Election of members to the Club Committee (see notes below)
- Any Other Business
Members wishing to raise a specific question should submit it in writing to the Club Captain via the office by Monday 24th September 2018.
- New Club Captain’s Address
Only Full, Five-Day and Honorary Members may vote at the AGM
Graham Robertson, Club Captain 10th September 2018
Apologies for absence
Apologies for absence should be sent to the Club Captain via the office by Wednesday 20th September 2018.
Election of Honorary Independent Examiner
The current Honorary Independent Examiner (Chris Jardine) is retiring from the post and so the Committee is seeking nominations for this post. A brief description of what is required of this role is available here. If you are interested in volunteering please contact the Secretary or Club Captain.
Election of Trustees
Gill Wood comes to the end of her two-year term and a proposal will be made for her re-election as a WGC Trustee for two years.
Election of Club Captain for 2018-19
At the AGM the Committee will propose Lee Wood as Club Captain and, in the absence of any other candidate proposed and supported in accordance with Rule 9.3 in writing 14 days in advance of the meeting, they will be appointed for the following year. In the event of more than one candidate, a poll at the meeting will be called. The Club Captain must be a Full Member.
Elections to the Committee
- Lee Wood has reached the end of his 3 year term and is the Committee’s nomination for Club Captain for 2018-19.
- Tiku Patel has reached the end of his 3 year term and is retiring from the Committee. The Committee intends that Lynn Lambert takes the vacant position of Handicap Secretary.
- Sue Young stood down from the Committee in January 2018 and the Committee co-opted Ian Greenaway into the vacant position of Secretariat. The Committee is nominating Ian Greenaway for the position of Secretariat.
- Kathryn Naylor stood down from the Committee on leaving WGC and the Committee co-opted Mike Cole into the vacant position of Treasurer. The Committee is nominating Mike Cole for the position of Treasurer.
Vacancies on the Committee for 2018-19 are:
- Communications Secretary (having been vacated by Lee Wood)
- Diary Coordinator (having been vacated by Lynn Lambert)
The Committee has nominations for these roles; Evelyn Somerville for Communications Secretary and Malcolm Wells for Diary Coordinator.
However, the Committee will accept other nominations from the membership for election to these roles. Role Descriptions for these two positions are attached.
Any person who wishes to put themselves forward for election to the Committee must complete the form “Nomination for Committee” and submit it to the General Manager no later than Monday 17th September 2018. Nomination forms can be obtained here.
Candidates must be a Full or Five-Day Member entitled to attend and vote at General Meetings, and he or she must not have given notice that they intend to leave the Club and cease to be a Member. Their nomination must be supported by a Proposer and Seconder who must be Members qualified to attend and vote at the AGM. Valid Nomination forms will be displayed in the Club House immediately after Monday 17th September 2018.